Robin R. Smith, Nurse & Attorney
Robin R. Smith
Gershon, Willoughby, Getz & Smith, LLC
Administrative Assistant: Laura Raatjes
For twelve years, Robin R. Smith, R.N., J.D. actively practiced in the health care field as a registered nurse. Ms. Smith brings this wealth of practical experience to every medical malpractice case she handles.
As an attorney, Ms. Smith’s accomplishments include*:
- $24 Million verdict for a child who was caused severe and permanent brain damage because the health care providers mismanaged an obstruction of the upper airway;
- $7.4 Million settlement for a baby with cerebral palsy and brain damage caused by a delay in delivering a mother suffering a placental abruption;
- $5.5 Million settlement for the birth of a child with severe brain damage that should have been diagnosed prenatally;
- $5 Million settlement for a child who suffered cerebral palsy due to a delay in delivery;
- $4 Million settlement for a baby who suffered cerebral palsy and brain damage because a midwife failed to call the doctor in time to rescue the baby.
Ms. Smith served on the Law Review of The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, served a clerkship with the Superior Court of the District of Columbia, and began her legal practice representing the District of Columbia on medical malpractice issues.
Ms. Smith is a graduate of Wilmington College (B.A. – 1974), Gwynedd Mercy College (Associates Degree – 1980), Gwynedd Mercy College (B.S.N. – cum laude – 1982), The Catholic University of America , Columbus School of Law, (J.D. – 1992).
Ms. Smith is a member of Bar of Maryland, the Bar of the District of Columbia and the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. She also belongs to The Women’s Law Center of Maryland, the District of Columbia Women’s Bar Association, the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association, and the American Association of Nurse Attorneys and the Chesapeake Association of Nurse Attorneys. Ms. Smith has received the highest peer reviewed rating (“AV”) offered by Martindale-Hubbell™ for professional competence and ethics.
* Because the facts of each case are unique, past results are not a guarantee as to the outcome in any future case.