Discovering that your child has Cerebral Palsy is devastating. Many questions arise. Why did this happen to my child? What will the future be for my baby? How will I pay for all the therapies and treatments my child needs? What’s going to happen when my baby is grown up and I’m too old to lift and carry and clean my child anymore? Who will look out for my baby when I’m gone? Fear, worry and depression are common.
The fact is that the cost of caring for a child with Cerebral Palsy often runs into many millions of dollars over a lifetime. There are therapies, surgeries, equipment, braces, and hospitalizations to pay for, and there is the cost of having someone watch and care for your child as he or she grows physically into adulthood, but remains dependent upon you for feeding, dressing, cleaning, movement and everything else.
No amount of money will cure your child. However, obtaining compensation will help ease your burden by assuring that your child receives quality care throughout his or her lifetime no matter what happens to you as you both grow older. This can make a real difference in your child’s life and in your life.
Being told that you have a cancer and that it should have been discovered sooner, or that your loved one unexpectedly died or became injured while under medical care, can cause both anger and fear. Why did this happen? Could this have been prevented? Who is going to pay for my treatments? How will I manage while I’m out of work recovering? Will I ever recover? How will I face life now? Why me?
We cannot treat your medical condition but we can help you answer the questions troubling you, and if your injury or your loved one’s death was caused by a medical mistake, we can help you seek the justice you deserve and the compensation you need.
If your child has Cerebral Palsy, or if you suspect that you or a loved one have been injured by medical malpractice, then call the doctor-lawyers at Gershon, Willoughby, Getz & Smith, LLC right now.
We have the knowledge and experience to help you just like we have for others:*
* $24 Million: The largest jury verdict ever for medical malpractice in the District of Columbia on behalf of a child who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to the failure of her doctors and nurses to diagnose and timely respond to an obstruction of her airway.
* $10.8 Million: Oregon jury verdict for a baby who must live with cerebral palsy and developmental delay because the nurse who was assisting his mother’s labor delayed calling the doctor when the fetal heart rate decreased after a uterine rupture occurred.
* $7.4 Million: Ohio settlement for a brain damaged baby as a result of a delay in delivering a mother experiencing a placental abruption.
* $6 Million: Recovery for a child born in Maryland who has cerebral palsy due to mismanaged labor and delivery.
* $5.5 Million: Recovery for a Maryland man who was rendered quadriplegic and suffered brain damage because of negligent administration of anesthesia.
Please do not hesitate to contact us right now. There are legal deadlines for claiming your legal rights. If you miss the deadline, then the law will not allow you to recover any compensation. Act now.
* The facts of every case are different so past successes are not a guarantee of the outcome for any future case.