Types of Medical Malpractice and Negligence
Medical Malpractice occurs when a doctor causes unintentional birth injury when performing a medical procedure. Often time this is a result of medical negligence. Below are various types medical negligence relating to malpractice.
- Delayed Diagnosis
- Surgical Error
- Unnecessary Surgery
- Errors in Anesthesia
- Labor Malpractice
At Gershon, Willoughby, Getz & Smith our experience and knowledge within the medical and legal professions isn’t just put to great effect for children suffering from cerebral palsy. We have also successfully won settlements from birth injury lawsuits for clients suffering a range of conditions resulting from medical malpractice. Such disorders include holoprosencephaly, quadriplegia and more.
So if you think you or your loved one’s condition may have resulted from medical negligence, and even if your case has been rejected by another attorney, let our highly experienced team take a look and advise you of your options.
No doctor or nurse intends to hurt their patient, but inattention or a lack of skill can have tragic consequences. Unfortunately, doctors and nurses tend not to admit their mistakes; instead, they often say what happened was “just one of those things” and try to cover up their errors.
This is when the knowledge and experience of our lawyer-doctors is most needed. We know the medicine and how to read the medical records of injured patients to search out the malpractice the doctor and nurse did not tell you about.
Two examples of malpractice “cover-ups” our lawyer-doctors have discovered and obtained recoveries for include:
- Brain damage caused by a massive overdose of asthma medication that was unreported in the medical records and only uncovered by one of our lawyer-doctors reading and understanding the significance of a single tiny entry in a medical chart 100s of pages long.
- Quadriplegia due to the negligent use of the wrong anesthesia drug during, where the doctor did not reveal in the medical records that he had used the drug; our lawyer-doctors realized that the patient’s vital signs and laboratory results could only be explained by use of that particular anesthesia drug and saw through the attempted cover-up.
In addition, our lawyers have successfully represented patients and their families in wrongful death cases like: death due to a delayed diagnosis of cancer; heart attack and death due to a failure to diagnose cardiovascular disease; quadriplegia caused by a negligently performed discogram followed by the failure to respond to post procedure symptoms of infection; amputation of a leg from the failure to timely diagnose and properly treat post-operative infection; holoprosencephaly; brain damage caused by improper intubation of a patient, birth injury and others.
Put our team of experienced and successful Lawyer-Doctors to work for you and your settlement* could appear next to these cases we have already won for our clients:
- $24 Million, the largest jury verdict ever for medical malpractice in the District of Columbia on behalf of a child who suffered brain damage and cerebral palsy due to the failure of her doctors and nurses to diagnose and timely respond to an obstruction of her airway.
- $6 Million, for a truck driver who was rendered quadriplegic due to improperly performed discogram and subsequent failure to respond to cervical spine infection.
- $5.5 Million recovery for a Maryland man who was rendered quadriplegic and suffered brain damage because of negligent administration of anesthesia.
- $4.5 Million on behalf of a patient with severe brain damage resulting from excessive administration of asthma medication.
- $4 Million for a person who was left quadriplegic due to an anesthesiologist’s failure to respond to dangerous drop in blood pressure during spinal surgery (brought case as legal malpractice action against patient’s former lawyers for their failure to hire proper expert witnesses).
- $2.575 Million for a patient with brain damage caused by a failure to respond to symptoms of a post surgical stroke.
Act now to put our Lawyer-Doctors to work for you; do not let the statute of limitations expire on your rights. Millions of dollars could be at stake.
You can fill out the online evaluation form, or call us now TOLL FREE on 1-866-452-9362 (1-866-4-LAWDOC) and one of our experienced team members will get back to you shortly.
* The facts of every case are different so past successes are not a guarantee of the outcome for any future case, law suit.